About UsWe're Growing For You!
Fields, folks & fun ~ that's the Downtown Hickory Farmers Market! Our train side location, under The Sails, lends an "all is right with the world" atmosphere of antique winds and modern laughter. Shake your Farmer's hand, tap your feet to the music, taste our Chefs' Market creations, and make old friends. We promise the glory of a good harvest, select meats, mountain trout, honey, eggs, cheeses, baked goods, marinades, preserves & pickles, fresh cut flowers, transplants, potted plants, shrubs, fresh & dried herbs, heritage & artisan crafts, street foods and more ~ see? "more!" You have to come to get the meaning of "more." It's a soulful feeling, a sense of belonging, and for the first time - you'll know what happiness smells like.
Get greedy for more. Welcome!
OPEN April 16 - November 26
(November hours are 10am - 2pm on Saturdays only.)
Please understand that the Market is a very busy place with shoppers of all ages. Be respectful – not everyone loves animals and some customers are afraid and even allergic. The staff and Board of Director volunteers of the Downtown Hickory Farmers Market are here to ensure the Market is safe for all. If we feel an animal is compromising the safety or the hygiene of the Market, we may ask the owner to remove the animal from the Market.
* The Market enforces the City of Hickory animal licensing rules regarding registration, current tags and rabies certificate.
* Dogs/animals must be friendly, under control on a short leash and by the owner’s side at all times.
* For public health, sanitation, and litigious reasons, dogs/animals are NOT ALLOWED in the Market area – near food, flowers, plants, soaps, crafters, musicians and community booths.
* One adult should control no more than one dog/animal. Bring a friend to control or hold your animal while you shop the Market.
* Do not let your animal relieve itself within 50 feet of the Market, and clean up after your pet. Doggie-do bags are available on either side of Union Square.
THANK YOU for your cooperation and help in making the Market a great community setting for everyone to be safe and enjoy! Ask a staff member or volunteer if you have any questions.